Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The uninhibited laughter...

Click on the picture to enlarge

This picture brings along so many memories. This was taken in Jodhpur (Rajasthan) on my 5th birthday. I am the one on left, trying to again act cool, my brother who was born in Jodhpur is the one on right and my mom is trying to control us (or just my brother). What I love about this picture is my brother's laugh. He is just so excited to see my toy-gun, which I remember used to make noise and emit some kinda light. Just look at him and how he is enjoying himself. Only a child can have such a laugh, which is so uninhibited. As we grow older we start getting conscious of everything including our laughs.

The horse frame above was done by my mom using that stiching things. She used to paint too but only animals or nature. I try my best to make her start painting again because she was so good but she just doesn't listen to me and gives me bahanas all the time.

The butterfly frames on the top are actual butterflies framed. My parents gave it to my uncle in US who took it there and everyone used to love them because they were so colorful and real. They were only made in Jodhpur but because of Govt. regulations have been banned but it was one-of-a-kind thing. The lamp on the left is one of the oldest lamps we have. It's made from special Hyderabadi black metal with wonderful design to go with it.

Ah!! The memories remain forever...

5 Comments:

At 2:03 AM, Blogger ektaran said...

goood pic...the best part as you have written..is your bro's laff
he is like all excited about the toy gun...
Now most imp thing is even we have the same horse frame at my parents place...my mom made it before her marriage...n guess what my masi also has the same thing at her place.

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger Fursat said...

hey ricky most prob subah ya eve mein comment karungi...though pic is sweet and lovely as always :)

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Fursat said...

hmm nice pic tuje cool dikhne ki kya koshish karna..tu to cool hi hai...ur brother is cooler :P

yeah i love these old pics...kaise wait karte the kab pic milegi aajkal to 2 secs mein but craze hota tha...pehle i was keen to get pics but jab baat bheje mein aayi ki mere pics ache nahi aate then stopped it..

lovely pic and ya ur mom is slim in this pic too :P

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger ektaran said...

Your mom is a lil serious in this pic.

 
At 2:04 AM, Blogger clicks said...

i gots something similar pic with my bros.hey ricky u got wonderful memories.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home